|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
A pseudodragon was a small dragon-kin known to be playful but shy. Pseudodragons were not true dragons, but were highly valued for their use as wizard's familiars. They were also sometimes dispatched in times of need by an array of deities including Brandobaris, Erevan Ilesere, Gond, Gwaeron Windstrom, Marthammor Duin, Mystra, and Rillifane Rallathil.
Pseudodragons typically had bodies about one foot long, with a two-foot tail and weighed about seven pounds. They could communicate telepathically in common or draconic and also through the vocalization of animal noises. While pseudodragons could bite, their main weapon was a stinging, poisonous tail, and they had chameleon-like abilities, though their color was usually a brownish red.
Their general attitude was similar to that of a small cat but with a cunning intelligence. Pseudodragons loved to hunt vermin and small animals for food. They were wary of evil beings, but were willing to serve as a companion to another being if treated well and respected.
Pseudodragons inhabited temperate forests in the wild, but they could often be found as familiars in nearly any environment.
- Johnathan M. Richards (March 2000). “The Ecology of the Pseudodragon: The Sting”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #269 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 28–31.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 254. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 91. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 210–211. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10–15. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 83. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
Chromatic dragons: Red • Black • Blue • Green • White • Brown • Gray • Purple • Yellow
Gem dragons: Amethyst • Emerald • Sapphire • Topaz • Crystal
Lung dragons: Chiang lung • Li lung • Lung wang • Pan lung • Shen lung • T'ien lung • Tun mi lung • Yu lung
Planar dragons: Astral • Battle • Chaos • Ethereal • Faerie • Howling • Oceanus • Pyroclastic • Radiant • Rust • Shadow • Styx • Tarterian
Miscellaneous dragons: Air • Ascendant • Brainstealer • Dzalmus • Force • Mist • Prismatic • Radiant • Rattelyr • Song • Vishap