- The Black Claw orc tribe conducts massive raids on Waterdeep. After the siege is broken, the tribe is finally defeated at Stump Bog. This breaks the might of Uruth Ukrypt, leading to its decline.
- After the death of Lauroun, Rhaulor is promoted from leader of the army to War Lord of Waterdeep.
- The cash-strapped King Hedgita sells the throne of Estagund to Jeradeem Seltarir, a member of the High Council of Durpar. Jeradeem installs his eldest son Numambi Seltarir in power as Rajah of Estagund.
- The elder red wyrm Maerithryvvin slays the reclusive mage Artabranth of Eshpurta, destroying and then looting his tower.
- War Lord Laroun of Waterdeep is killed during raids on the city by the Black Claw orcs.
- Lord Palinor Belabranta of Waterdeep took to the skies on his griffon steed, only to be brought low by a volley of arrows from the Black Claw orcs. He and his mount crashed into the orc ranks and it was thought the Griffontack of Belabranta was lost forever.
- Ahghairon the mage forges a magical axe and calls it Azuredge.
- The noted conjurer Ulcaster founds a school of conjuration magic over the ruins of Hilather's tower. Prospective wizards from all along the Sword Coast flock to the school.
- Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 30. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 115. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Ed Greenwood and Doug Stewart (1997). Prayers from the Faithful. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 114. ISBN 0-7869-0682-0.
- Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 133. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.