- Shoon II is succeeded by Shoon III, his first grandnephew, as qysar of the Shoon Imperium. The Caleph of Calimshan, Hazamir al Aktorral, is named his regent emperor, or riqysar. Aktorral relocates the imperial court from Shoonach to Calimport for security.
- The name of this year has an identical duplicate in year 1173; since both years have entries in The Grand History of the Realms and WOTC has yet to release any updates to officially explain the discrepancy, there is currently no resolution. Discussion at Candlekeep concluded that for now the best option is to employ one of the unused year names from Realmslore; the Year of Many Hawks was offered to keep with the bird motif, but this is obviously still not official.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), p. 25. ISBN 978-0786912377.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Three: Erlkazar & Folk of Intrigue. (TSR, Inc), p. 29. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 62. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Candlekeep Sages of Realmslore: Apparent error on the Roll of Years. Retrieved on 2019-11-16.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.