- The greatest horde of orcs in history gathers in the North and journeys south through Amn, Tethyr, and Calimshan.
- The orc horde lays siege to numerous settlements on its march south.
- This horde is known as the Black Horde and defeats the Syl-Pasha and Eldrith the Betrayer.
- Suffering a 9-month-long siege, Waterdeep is spared the destruction visited on its neighbors when Ahghairon and his generals introduce griffon mounts to the armed forces. These enable agents to fly over the orcs and out of the city to acquire food and aid.
- Alustriel and Storm Silverhand lead a Harper army in defeating the orcs besieging Silverymoon in the Battle of Tumbleskulls. They are aided by the surprise intervention of the archmage Tulrun of the Tent.
- Beldarm Truesilver, head of the noble Truesilver family of Cormyr, suspected of being the Hullack Hawk.
- Whilst Silverymoon is under siege by the Black Horde, Warlord Khallos Shieldsunder usurps control of the city. He is in turn desposed and usurped by self-styled High Mage Shallos Ethenfrost. Shallos in turn dies in a spell-battle with Alustriel. Alustriel is then chosen by unanimous popular acclaim to rule Silverymoon as High Lady Mage.
- The armies of Amn, while battling with humanoid forces, capture many orcs and force them to work at labor camps in Purskul.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 126. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Snowblind Studios (December 2001). Designed by Chris Avellone. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 30. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (March 2001). “The New Adventures of Volo: Lost Treasures of Cormyr, Part 4”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #281 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 76–77.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Two: Amn. (TSR, Inc), p. 22. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.