- King Verovan of Westgate challenges the Red Wizards of Thay to a boat race, and is killed in the ensuring shipwreck.
- After the death of Verovan, Westgate's noble merchant families seek to curb the excesses of monarchs. They create the position of Croamarkh, an elected head of state with a four-year-long term. House Vhammos meanwhile moves into the old royal palace, renaming it Castle Vhammos.
- A year after liberating Turmish, Lord Freas dissolves his own monarchy. In its place, he establishes the Assembly of Stars, a council of free citizens to rule the realm.
- The Lords of Waterdeep formally recognize the merchant gentry of Waterdeep, beginning the city's first noble families. The Ammakyl, Anteos, Brokengulf, Cassalanter, Cragsmere, Durinbold, Eagleshield, Hillgauntlet, Hothemer, Husteem, Illitul, Ilvastarr, Ilzimmer, Irlingstar, Jardeth, Jhansczil, House Kothont, Lathkule, House Maerklos, Majarra, Margaster, Massalan, Raventree, Thann, and Thongolir families are ennobled.
- Rehorusteb II becomes Pharaoh of Mulhorand.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 126. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Eric L. Boyd (2005-09-28). Noble Houses of Waterdeep (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 2–7. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2009-10-07.
- Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 59. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- Scott Bennie (February 1990). Old Empires. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.), p. 8. ISBN 978-0880388214.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.