- Rezim is appointed vizier of Mulhorand. He replaces followers of the god Anhur with Chessentan mercenaries, and persecutes the church of Anhur.
- The seventh Emperor Chin of the Eighth Dynasty of Shou Lung dies in his sleep of unknown causes, and is given the deific name "Hsiao", meaning "Owl". His son is crowned the the eighth Emperor Chin.
- The mage Arklem Greeth arrives in Luskan and bypasses the long-standing magical wards around the Host Tower of the Arcane, originally cast by Laeral Silverhand. Arklem establishes the Brotherhood of the Arcane and names himself Archmage Arcane of the order, aided by the Old Ones, powerful liches who'd once been members of the Grand Cabal of Illusk.ref name="tGHotR-p134"/>
- Zelphar Arunsun, son of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, is mysteriously crushed to death by a magical hand of force. The unknown attacker is a lich of the Twisted Rune performing a favor for the Shadow Thieves.
- Khelben Arunsun returns in secret to Arunsun Tower following his son's assassination. There, he spends the next decade training his grandson, Khelben Arunsun the Younger.
- Dhusarra yr Fadila el Abhuk and her adventuring company enter Wyllowwood in Undermountain through a portal, and all but Dhusarra are slain. She survives by agreeing to convert to worship Malar.
- Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 134. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (September 1988). City System. Edited by Karen Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc.), p. 4. ISBN 0-8803-8600-2.
- Brian Cortijo (January, 2012). “Cormyr Royale: The Royal Court of the Forest Kingdom”. Dungeon #198 (Wizards of the Coast). Archived from the original on 2015-11-03. Retrieved on 2017-07-07.
- Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 31. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- Eric L. Boyd (September 2005). “Vampires of Waterdeep: Blood of Malar”. Dungeon #126 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), pp. 62–77.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.