- Zhentarim make a conquest of Daggerdale.
- After retrieving the key to a closet in the Twisted Tower, Elminster and Storm Silverhand return home, only to be confronted by the lich Raerlin, who had hid his phylactery in said closet. After a brief but violent struggle, Storm manages to destroy the phylactery, defeating the lich.
- Azoun Obarskyr IV is crowned King of Cormyr.
- Matasuuri Nagahide becomes Shogun of Wa. His first act is to banish all foreign traders and make unauthorized interactions with foreigners illegal.
- King Rilimbrar of Impiltur arranges a marriage between his daughter, Princess Sambryl, and her second cousin, Imphras IV. However, the marriage is never consummated as now–Crown Prince Imphras IV is still named a traitor and imprisoned in the royal tower at Filur.
In the short story "Elminster at the Magefair" in Realms of Valor, this year is named as the Year of the Dark Dragon.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 137. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Ed Greenwood (February 1993). “Elminster at the Magefair”. In James Lowder ed. Realms of Valor (TSR, Inc.), pp. 35–62. ISBN 1-56076-557-7.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 114. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Rick Swan (1989). Test of the Samurai. (TSR, Inc), p. 5. ISBN 0-88038-775-0.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.