- Netheril attempts to establish diplomatic relations with High Imaskar. However, the effort falls apart when a ship given to the Imaskari by the Netherese is attacked by sea monsters and the Netherese abandon the Imaskari crew.
- A small adventuring party rediscovers the ancient dwarven city of Gauntlgrym. Consisting of Jarlaxle Baenre, Athrogate, and a trio of powerful Thayans, they awaken the ancient primordial Maegera when Korvin Dor'crae hypnotically forces Athrogate to activate the forges.
- Maegera, a primordial held in slumber through the craftsmanship of the dwarves of Delzoun and the elves of Iliyanbruen at the heart of Gauntlgrym, briefly awakens, causing Mount Hotenow, a long-dormant volcano, to erupt. A pyroclastic flow destroys the city of Neverwinter. Only the Winged Wyvern Bridge survives the destruction relatively unscathed.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (October 2010). Gauntlgrym. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0786955008.
- ↑ Matt Sernett, Erik Scott de Bie, Ari Marmell (August 2011). Neverwinter Campaign Setting. Edited by Tanis O'Connor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 12. ISBN 0-7869-5814-6.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (October 2010). Gauntlgrym. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 166–167. ISBN 978-0786955008.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.