- Nimoar the Reaver gathers an army and conquers Ulbaerag Bloodhand's tribe. They settle at Bloodhand Hold and renamed it Nimoar's Hold, on the site that would later become Waterdeep.
- In Ascalhorn, demons defeat the devils and conquer the old elven citadel, which becomes known as Hellgate Keep. The elven kingdoms of Eaerlann and Ammarindar fall to the swarm of demons that emerges.
- The surviving monsters let loose by the Netherese of Ascalhorn overwhelm the dwarf realm of Ammarindar.
- The city of Zhentil Keep launches a military campaign to deal with the growing problem of renegade liches roaming the city at night (also known as the period of the "Night Plague").
- The realm of Ardeep is resettled and rebuilt by moon elf refugees from Eaerlann. They ally with the dwarves of the Forlorn Hills and humans living along the Delimbiyr, in an alliance called the Fallen Kingdom (the same name as Phalorm), but this quickly collapses owing to suspicions about human involvement in the fall of Ascalhorn.
- In Citadel Sundbarr, the dwarves allow the human refugees of the demons to settle in their surface strongholds.
- The king of Maurmurra in the Vilhon Reach is slain by Kalgrathur Daycloaks, leader of the Nightfire Lances mercenary army. Kalgrathur names himself High Lord of Maurmurra.
- Prince Simberuel Astalmé of Ascalhorn was killed by vrocks while protecting the dwarven Forgemaster of Sundbarr in the Turnstone Pass.
- Ghaurin, scion of the adventurous dwarven Stoneheart clan tries to defend his ancestral home from the fiends out of Ascalhorn. After praying to Moradin to save the mansion, an earthquake seals off the underground portion and Ghaurin himself is transformed into a sentient stone golem.
- The bard Maerstar, one of the few humans to have escaped the massacre that occurred at Ascarlhorn, composes a song that rechristens the fortress as Hellgate Keep.
- Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 8. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 108. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 270. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 90. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
- Kevin Melka and John Terra (April 1995). Ruins of Zhentil Keep (Campaign Book). (TSR, Inc), p. 28. ISBN 0-7869-0109-8.
- Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 66. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 89. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
- Steven E. Schend (March 1998). Hellgate Keep. (TSR, Inc), pp. 5, 8. ISBN 978-0786907861.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.