- In Chondath's bitter civil war, necromantic magic is wielded in battle on the Fields of Nun. This leads to a plague that decimates the country, giving the conflict the name "the Rotting War".
- Raiders from the city of Phlan attack Zhentilar soldiers, causing Zhentil Keep to act to defend itself.
- Melvaunt comes to Phlan's aid against the forces of Zhentil Keep and drives off its forces. Zhentil Keep declares war against both cities.
- The Rotting War causes Chondath to fracture into loosely allied city-states.
- Chondath renounces its claims on the Sembian city-states of Chondathan and Chauncelgaunt, which become independent.
- Under the cover of the Rotting War, Ormpetarr finally manages to secede from Chondath, having failed six times before.
- Tchazzar becomes the Sceptenar of Cimbar, then begins to extend his power along the coast, of what is then northwestern Unther.
- Sammaster's research into necromancy results in the Cult of the Dragons' first successful creation of a dracolich, Shargrailar. The rituals and components required are recorded in the Tome of the Dragon, which becomes a holy relic for future Cult cells.
- Short Stories
- Realms of the Arcane
- Realms of War
- 27 Eleint: The Last Paladin of Ilmater
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 270. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 109. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), p. 16. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood; Eric L. Boyd, Steven E. Schend (2000). Presenting...Seven Millennia of Realms Fiction. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2015-08-12.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.