- Phlan and Melvaunt lose a rapid succession of battles against the Zhentilar.
- The drow are forced out of the Twisted Tower by Dalesmen, Cormyrian agents, and a powerful wizard. The Cormyreans seize control of the the Ashaba Valley, which is named Shadowdale.
- Ashaba the water wizard is chosen as ruler over the new state of Shadowdale.
- Clearly having the upper hand, but worried about overstretching its power with the advent of Shadowdale, the first Phlan–Zhentil Keep war ends when Zhentil Keep forces Phlan and Melvaunt to sign the Treaty of the Ride and enter into an alliance known as the Triple Alliance.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 110. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), Shadowdale. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 109. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.