A Guide to the Astral Plane is a Planescape® AD&D 2nd-edition accessory. The book explains rules for astral travel, zero-gravity combat and spellcasting in the Astral Plane.
Most berks think the Astral Plane's an empty place, serving as nothing but a cosmic highway connecting all the other places in the multiverse. Canny planewalkers know differently, though. Here are just a few of the 'secrets' of the Silver Void that this book explains:
- It is the backdrop of the multiverse, where phenomena such as space and time are so vastly different from 'normal' that only a true blood knows his way around.
- When he's on the Astral Plane, a basher moves, fights, and acts solely with his mind.
- It is the closest thing the multiverse has to a 'plane of magic,' where sorcery and spells are not only more powerful, but are palpable, tangible objects.
- The primary inhabitants are the infamous githyanki, an ancient race of wizards and warriors who know the dark of many secrets forbidden to others.
- The Astral Plane is literally the dead-book of the gods.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- All The World's A Stage: Introduction
- The Space Between: Astral Space and Time
- Racing Through Nothing: Astral Movement
- Mindwar: Astral Combat
- Spellwarp: Astral Magic
- Mind Over Matter: Proficiencies
- The Spiritweb: Conduits
- Holes in the Fabric: Color Pools
- Forgotten Husks: Dead gods
- Mindstorms: Psychic Winds
- The Githyanki
- Creatures of the Void: Other Astral Inhabitants
- Locations in Nowhere: Specific Astral Encounters
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Designer: Monte Cook
- Editor: Miranda Homer
- Cover Artist: Robh Ruppel
- Interior Artist: Jason Alexander Behnke, Tony DiTerlizzi, Adam Rex
- Conceptual Artist: Dana Knutson
- Cartographer: Dennis Kauth, Rob Lazzaretti
- Typography: Angelika Lokotz
- Graphic Design/Cover: Dawn Murin
- Graphic Design: Dee Barnett
- Art Director: Bob Galica
- Project Manager: Karen S. Boomgarden
- Electronic Prepress Coordinator: Dave Conant
- Proofreader: Ray Vallese
- Special Thanks: Michele Carter
Appendix[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.