Acamar was a star-like entity from the Far Realm who had taken a place among stars of Realmspace. Unlike normal stars, Acamar didn't have a fixed place in the sky but instead danced and wavered across Realmspace.
Acamar's hunger was endless, and when its influence on Toril was at its peak, it sent its agents, the Maws of Acamar, to devour everything they encountered in their path to sate the hunger of the dead star.
- Canon material does not provide a year for the events described in Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, but Christopher Perkins answered a question via Twitter and stated the year was 1492 DR. Corroborating this, Dragon Heist page 20 refers to events of Death Masks (set in 1491 DR) as being "last year". Unless a canon source contradicts this assertion, this wiki will use 1492 DR for events related to this sourcebook and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage (which is referenced on pages 5 and 98 of Dragon Heist).
- Bruce R. Cordell (2009). City of Torment. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 184. ISBN 978-07869-5184-0.
- Rob Heinsoo, Stephen Schubert (May 19, 2009). Monster Manual 2 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 196. ISBN 0786995101.
- Mike Mearls, et al. (November 2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 179. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- Christopher Perkins (November 2018). Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 123. ISBN 978-0-7869-6626-4.
Comets: K'Thoutek • King-Killer Star
Nebulae: Galleon Nebula • Color Spray Nebula
Far Realm-infested stars: Acamar • Caiphon • Delban • Gibbeth • Hadar • Khirad • Nihal • Zhudun
Other astronomical bodies: Caer Windlauer • Skull of the Void • Sargassos