After the Second Sundering, when acid splash was cast, the sorcerer or wizard conjured a sphere of liquid acid which, when thrust at a target, collided and exploded, burning one creature with its contents. The spell was easily cast and one needed not rest before recasting it. The potency of the spell's effects also increased over time, dependent both on the sorcerer's level of experience as well as, as in the case of most sorcerer spells, the sorcerer's strength of personality.
Like other spells, acid splash could only be cast as many times as its caster either had energy left for spellcasting or, in the case of wizards, had prepared for it.
- Black Heart of Vengeance
- Boltsmelter's Book
- Mulmaster Undone
- Outlaws of the Iron Route
- The Quest for Sporedome
- Video Games
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 209–211. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt (March 2009). Player's Handbook 2. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 138. ISBN 0-7869-5016-4.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 76. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 196. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.