(Nig 11–Ham 20)
(Ham 21–Tar 15)
(Tar 16–Elei 15)
(Elei 16–Nig 10)
- Annual rainfall: 159 days
- Days with snow on ground: 0
The swamp covered, as of 1373 DR, an oblong area roughly 4000 square miles (6437.3 sq km.). The Swamp of Akhlaur was filled with cypress trees, moss and assortment of fauna including crocodiles and dangerous piranha. Unnatural creatures such as undead were also present.
The swamp was named for the famed conjurer Akhlaur. It was believed he perished here when he was taken to the Elemental Plane of Water by a summoned laraken. The portal through which he disappeared remained open, allowing a constant flow of water to expand the swamp at a rate of an additional 100 ft. (30 m) per year. Akhlaur's Tower remained long after his passing.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), pp. 11–12. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Karen Wynn Fonstad (August 1990). The Forgotten Realms Atlas. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 978-0880388573.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 92–93. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 124. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 126. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 136. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.