Alaron was an island in the Moonshae Isles. Although not the largest of the Moonshae Isles, it was considered the most powerful prior to the Spellplague. In the 14th century DR, the isles were collectively ruled from the capital city of Caer Callidyrr by High Queen Alicia Kendrick. By 1479 DR, the acting ruler of Alaron was a descendant of Alicia, Derid Kendrick.
While the capital was a port on the eastern side of Alaron, the castle from which the Kendrick family ruled was actually built by previous inhabitants of the Moonshaes.
Alaron was House Kendrick's last bastion of a once great empire among the Isles.
- Caer Callidyrr: This city on the northern edge of the Dernall Forest was the home of High King Derid.
- Dernall Forest: A forest teeming with goblins and evil fey. Druids loyal to King Derid waged war with the humanoids.
- Fairheight Mountains: A range that separated the traditional lands of the Northlanders and the Ffolk, who lived in the lowlands of the island. The mountains were home to the dwarven clans Rustfire and Rookoath, who were at war with the dark fey and a shadow dragon.
- Kythyss: This small city of fishermen and woodcutters was a hotbed of intrigue. When the High King was unable to protect the residents they hired mercenaries. The mercenaries were in league with Amn and as of 1479 DR the Amnish had effective control over the city.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 152. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Shawn Merwin (November 2011). “Backdrop: Moonshae Isles”. In Steve Winter ed. Dungeon #196 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 11–28.