Around 1372 DR, Almraiven was an important port city, hosting Calimshan's largest shipbuilding facility. The city was busy with mercantile and guild activity, and it had been the regional center for magical studies for over three thousand years.
The archmage Acham el Jhotos ruled Almraiven for many years and worked tirelessly to protect the city from djinn and efreet threats. Slavery was legal in Almraiven but el Jhotos was an abolitionist who sought to eventually free all slaves in Calimshan.
- El Jhotos's Palace
- This lavish palace was heavily warded and contained large gardens with trees similar to those that grew in the Forest of Mir prior to the Spellplague.
- T'Emma's Bar
- This dive located in a basement near the docks was run by a runt gnoll named T'Emma. It was a valuable source of information for those who dealt in seedier lines of work.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Referenced only
- The God Catcher
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 156. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 98. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), p. 14. ISBN 978-0786912377.
- Christopher Rowe (March 2011). Sandstorm. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0786957422.