Amoria was the first, or topmost, layer of Elysium. It was one of the most welcoming places of the Outer Planes and the marshaling center for the forces of the guardinals. The layer also contained the divine realms of Ishtar, Isis, and Hathor, according to the Great Wheel cosmology.
The layer had an extremely mild climate, with only modest differences between seasons. Its rolling meadows and woodlands hosted an enormous variety of wildlife and birds. All colors and sounds appeared deeper and more intense.
Most of the layer's towns were located along the banks of the Oceanus, which was intensively used as a route of transportation and trade. Amoria was the last layer visited by the river before it continued on to the Beastlands
- The City of the Star, realm of Ishtar.
- Principality, a heavily populated divine realm of nature and piece that was not claimed by any deity.
- Quietude, realm of Isis.
- Succor, realm of Hathor
The layer was inhabited by the leaders of the guardinals, who used the layer as a base from which to direct their forces against evil, including sending rescue missions to the Lower planes to recover captives of evil beings.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (April 1987). “Plane Speaking: Tuning in to the Outer Planes”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #120 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 42–43.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Jeff Grubb, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan (September 2001). Manual of the Planes 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 138–140. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Dale Donovan (December 1995). “Liber Benevolentiae”. In Michele Carter ed. Planes of Conflict (TSR, Inc.), pp. 52–59. ISBN 0-7869-0309-0.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 106. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.