Its main trade was growing food for Waterdeep, but it was also known for its outstanding horses (Amphail Grays and glossy black chargers), and due to this it suffered from the stench of horse manure during the warmer months.
The wealthier inhabitants or landowners of Amphail were generally the ones who bred horses. The largest horse breeder was the Roaringhorn family of Waterdeep, but others included Amcathra, Ilzimmer, Jhansczil, and Tarm, as well as individual breeders Rorth Baldasker, Ohm Oglyntyr, and Elraghona Selember. Although not breeders, the Eagleshield family made tack for the horses and operated a farm for the treatment of sick animals.
The spirit of Amphail the Just, called the "Ghost of Amphail," was said to patrol the streets.
The village was led by Lord Warder Briiathor Alougarr, a muscular Tethyrian loyal to Piergeiron the Paladinson. Also notable were the 8-ft-tall (244 cm) Dlara, a Chultan wrestler; Mother Gothal who ran Mother Gothal's, a festhall; and Krivvin Shamblestar, the proprietor of The Stag-Horned Flagon.
Inns, festhalls and tavernsEdit
- Ammakyl Flowers and Foods
- Blodhlar's Wares
- Eagleshield Fine Horse Leathers
- Elboar's Finest
- Elraghona Selember's Ranch
- Halana Shauluth's
- Imbryl's Cloaks
- Laughing Bandit
- Maerlbar Eggs & Fresh Fowl
- The Middens
- Pelost Galathaer
- Shrunedalar's Secrets
- Ulvinhand Smithy
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Cities and Civilization). (TSR, Inc), p. 4. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 13. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (2006-05-03). Environs of Waterdeep (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 8. Archived from the original on 2016-08-16. Retrieved on 2009-10-07.