Angharradh (pronounced: /ˈɑːngɑːrrɑːθ/ AN-gar-rath), also referred to as the Queen of Arvandor, who was sometimes considered the personification of three separate elven goddesses, Aerdrie Faenya, Hanali Celanil, and Sehanine Moonbow, as well as a single goddess who extended beyond these three separate aspects before the Spellplague, was the chief goddess of the Seldarine. As such, her nature reflected traits of each of these deities. Due to the nature of her creation, Angharradh exhibited a fierce protectiveness and strong resolve. Despite her vigilance, the reversal of the Elven Retreat and the return of drow to Cormanthor weakened Angharradh's spirit while causing the three goddesses to spend more time apart.
The church of Angharradh was essentially the unified face of the three separate, but closely allied, churches of Aerdrie, Hanali and Sehanine. Most clerics of Angharradh were affiliated with at least one aspect of the Three, being considered wise women and sages, often being consulted when important issues arose. Clerics and druids of Angharradh prayed for their spells at a time of their choosing, but it must be the time when they pray to one of the three goddesses. The clergy celebrated the holy days and important ceremonies of one of the Three, depending upon which aspect they venerated.
The only holy day celebrated exclusively by the clergy was the Melding of the Three, held quadrennially on Cinnaeloscor (more commonly known as Shieldmeet). While this holy day was more generally observed by elves in honor of Corellon, moon elves celebrated the aspects of Angharradh and their unification that led to peace in Arvandor and elven realms.
As the consort of Corellon, she has a maternal and strong interest in Eilistraee and Mielikki. Angharradh was second only to Corellon among the Seldarine and she often worked closely with the other elven deities. Deities outside of the elven pantheon whom Angharradh called her allies were Berronar Truesilver, Chauntea, Cyrrollalee, Eilistraee, Lurue, Mielikki, Milil, Mystra, Selûne, Sharindlar, Sheela Peryroyl, Silvanus, Sune and Yondalla. Her foes included the traditional opponents of the Seldarine, such as the drow pantheon (with the exception of Eilistraee), the Deities of Fury and the goblinoid deities.
Before the elves walked the forests of Faerûn, Angharradh arose from the great battle between the Seldarine and the followers of Araushnee. Aerdrie, Hanali and Sehanine came together to heal Corellon Larethian after he was felled by Eilistraee who was fooled by Araushnee. As they did so, they formed Angharradh, serving alongside Corellon as the Queen of Arvandor.
- Angharradh, as a triune elven goddess, has caused some confusion amongst some fans with the advent of 4th edition. Sehanine Moonbow was actually Selûne, Hanali Cenalil was actually Sune, and Aerdrie Faenya was actually Akadi, and all of these goddesses were absorbed back into their human counterparts during the events of the Spellplague. The confusion stems from Angharradh's continued existence despite the revelation of these facts. One possible explanation would be that Angharradh always existed as a deity in her own right, and that her similarities with the other three was what made sages erroneously believe that she was a "fusion" of Aerdrie, Hanali and Sehanine. It's also possible that she continues to be "supported" by Akadi, Selûne, and Sune, who merge together to take her form. This is all speculation, however. These changes were reverted in 5th edition.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 97–98. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 43. ISBN 978-0786966240.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 59–60, 63. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62, 80. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, Robert J. Schwalb (September 2008). Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 132, 153. ISBN 978-0-7869-4929-8.
- Logan Bonner (August, 2009). “Domains in Eberron and the Forgotten Realms”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #378 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 32.
- Matt Sernett, Erik Scott de Bie, Ari Marmell (August 2011). Neverwinter Campaign Setting. Edited by Tanis O'Connor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 53. ISBN 0-7869-5814-6.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 125. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Logan Bonner. Domains in Eberron and the Forgotten Realms (PDF). Dragon magazine 378. p. 8.
- Hal Maclean (May 2007). “Seven Saintly Domains”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #355 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 26.
- Jeff Grubb (July 1987). Manual of the Planes 1st edition. (TSR), p. 94. ISBN 0880383992.
- Gary Gygax (August, 1985). Unearthed Arcana (1st edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 112. ISBN 0880380845.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 97. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 98. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 118–121. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Steve Kenson, et al. (November 2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 107. ISBN 978-0-7869-6580-9.
Akadi | Amaunator | Asmodeus | Auril | Azuth | Bane | Beshaba | Bhaal | Chauntea | Cyric | Deneir | Eldath | Gond | Grumbar | Gwaeron | Helm | Hoar | Ilmater | Istishia | Jergal | Kelemvor | Kossuth | Lathander | Leira | Lliira | Loviatar | Malar | Mask | Mielikki | Milil | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Red Knight | Savras | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talona | Talos | Tempus | Torm | Tymora | Tyr | Umberlee | Valkur | Waukeen
Abbathor | Berronar Truesilver | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Deep Duerra | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Dumathoin | Gorm Gulthyn | Haela Brightaxe | Laduguer | Marthammor Duin | Moradin | Sharindlar | Vergadain
Aerdrie Faenya | Angharradh | Corellon | Deep Sashelas | Erevan | Fenmarel Mestarine | Hanali Celanil | Labelas Enoreth | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Shevarash | Solonor Thelandira
The Dark Seldarine
Eilistraee | Kiaransalee | Lolth | Selvetarm | Vhaeraun
Arvoreen | Brandobaris | Cyrrollalee | Sheela Peryroyl | Urogalan | Yondalla
Lords of the Golden Hills
Baervan Wildwanderer | Baravar Cloakshadow | Callarduran Smoothhands | Flandal Steelskin | Gaerdal Ironhand | Garl Glittergold | Nebelun | Segojan Earthcaller | Urdlen
Bahgtru | Gruumsh | Ilneval | Luthic | Shargaas | Yurtrus
Anhur | Bast | Geb | Hathor | Horus | Isis | Nephthys | Osiris | Re | Sebek | Set | Thoth
Other gods of Faerûn
Bahamut | Enlil | Finder Wyvernspur | Ghaunadaur | Gilgeam | Lurue | Moander | Nobanion | Raven Queen | Tiamat
Greater Gods of Faerûn
Amaunator | Asmodeus | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon | Cyric | Ghaunadaur | Gruumsh | Kelemvor | Lolth | Moradin | Oghma | Selûne | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Tempus | Torm
Gods of Faerûn
Angharradh | Auril | Bahamut | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Garl Glittergold | Gond | Ilmater | Loviatar | Luthic | Malar | Mielikki | Sheela Peryroyl | Sseth | Talona | Tiamat | Tymora | Umberlee | Waukeen | Zehir
Exarchs of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Bahgtru | Baravar Cloakshadow | Brandobaris | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Sashelas | Dugmaren Brightmantle | Erevan Ilesere | Fenmarel Mestarine | Fzoul Chembryl | Garagos | Hoar | Hruggek | Jergal | Labelas Enoreth | Lliira | Maglubiyet | Malar | Marthammor Duin | Milil | Obould | Red Knight | Sharess | Shargaas | Shevarash | Shiallia | Siamorphe | Solonor Thelandira | Thard Harr | Uthgar | Valkur | Vaprak | Vergadain
Greater Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Intermediate Deities of Faerûn
Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain
Major Deities of Faerûn
Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla
Other Deities of Faerûn
Auppenser | Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain