The Angurvadal swords were a set of weapons forged by the renowned Rashemi blacksmith, Raegik Hammerhold. It was unknown how many of these blades existed on Faerûn, though the secrets of their creation were lost with Raegik following his death.
Only Raegik and his chosen apprentice knew the unique process of crafting these magical, flaming blades. When the famed blacksmith discovered his apprentice had been dealing with the Red Wizards of Thay, he got into a fight with the mages. His life, and the secret of forging an Angurvadal sword, was lost to the ages.
Notable Angurvadal Blades
- Tusk: an orc leader of elf-massacring Gutripper tribe from Thar and the brother of Grunt "Elf" Steelstorm, ally of the Hero of Daggerford in 1373 DR.
- Angurvadal article at the Baldur's Gate Wiki, a wiki for the Baldur's Gate games.
- Angurvadal (Flame Tongue) article at the NWN2Wiki, a wiki for the Neverwinter Nights 2 games.
- Ossian Studios (August 2019). Designed by Luke Scull. Neverwinter Nights: Tyrants of the Moonsea. Beamdog.
- BioWare (June 2002). Designed by Brent Knowles, James Ohlen. Neverwinter Nights. Atari.
- Obsidian Entertainment (October 2006). Designed by Ferret Baudoin, J.E. Sawyer. Neverwinter Nights 2. Atari.
- BioWare (June 2001). Designed by Kevin Martens. Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Black Isle Studios.