Effects[edit | edit source]
The area protected by this spell was a 10 ft (3 m) radius hemisphere centered on the caster and lasted almost two hours at a minimum (longer for higher level casters). For the older version called anti-animal shell, the force field prevented entry of creatures that were at least partially animal. This included all humanoids, beasts, magical beasts, giants, vermin, and hybrids like cambions. The newer version added more lifeforms such as aberrations, dragons, fey, monstrous humanoids, oozes, plants, and shapechangers to this list. Creatures that were unaffected by this spell included aerial servants, imps, quasits, constructs (like golems), elementals, outsiders, or undead. (See the Monster Manual for an explanation of creature types.)
With the Second Sundering magic system lasting for a hour the caster had a 10 foot barrier to hedge living creature. The spell would end if the caster moved so that a creature would have to pass the barrier.
Components[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 213. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 96. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, Robert J. Schwalb, Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins, Matt Sernett (November 2017). Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 19–20. ISBN 978-0-7869-6612-7.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 199–200. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 226. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 288. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), pp. 152, 154. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 186, 188. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 61. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 213. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.