Antipathy caused a chosen object or location (covered up to 17,000 cubic feet or 480 cubic meters, or more for more experienced casters) in close proximity to them at the time of casting to emanate magical vibrations. This lasted up to 34 hours or more, unless dismissed early.
These emanations repelled beings of a certain kind chosen by the caster, whether a specific race or monster (for example, red dragons but not all dragons) or an alignment (such as chaotic evil). Those lacking the will to resist felt an overwhelming urge to avoid the object or leave the affected area, to abandon it, shun it, and never return of their own free will, at least while the spell was active. Even those who resisted were deeply discomforted and distracted if they stayed or touched the object.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 214. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 200. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 63, 64. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Hal Maclean (September 2004). “Seven Deadly Domains”. In Matthew Sernett ed. Dragon #323 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 63.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 86, 87, 88. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 188. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 185. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 978-1560763581.