|“||Magic carpets, ghoulish victims, genies rising from the sand in a whirlwind of smoke and fire - such wonders, spun into tales by the fabled Scheherazade, enchanted a king for a thousand and one nights.
The AL-QADIM campaign will enchant role-players for a thousand and one more.
You are about to discover an exotic realm inspired by the tales of Sinbad, Ali Baba, and other classics from the Arabian Nights. The first in a series of products, this volume features everything DMs and players need to launch the AL-QADIM campaign:
New proficiencies, from camel-riding to haggling at the bazaar
An introduction to Zakhara, Land of Fate, a new setting for the AL-QADIM campaign
Your flying carpet awaits:step aboard and let the magical journey begin.
This accessory contains over 40 pages of player character kits, including the sha'ir, barber-thieves, beggar-thieves, and other rogues, as well as other characteristically Arabian roles such as merchants, moralistic priests, hakimas, mystics, mamluks, corsairs, and elemental wizards. Each kit includes benefits, hindrances, and discussion of the kit's societal role in the desert of Zakhara, the Land of Fate. The rulebook also includes rules for calling upon Fate, the Evil Eye, and discussions of honor, piety, the salt bond, and other characteristics of Arabian society. The rulebook offers a comprehensive list of desert equipment, lists of spells with a desert motif, Arab character names, and proficiencies like Haggling and Display Weapon Prowess.
- Chapter 1: The Land O Fate
- Chapter 2: Characters
- Chapter 3: Kits
- Chapter 4: Proficiencies
- Chapter 5: Perils of Adventure
- Chapter 6: At the Bazaar
- Chapter 7: Sha'ir Abilities
- Chapter 8: Wizard Spells
- Appendix A: Wizard Spells by Province
- Appendix B: Spell Index
- Guide to Major Illustrations
- Design: Jeff Grubb
- Additional Writing and Development: Andria Hayday
- Cover Painting: Jeff Easley
- Black-and-White Illustration: Karl Waller Color Illustration: Richard Bober (21 and 45), Fred Fields (61), Henry Mayo (81), Bryn Barnard (101), Carol Heyer (133)
- Logo and Decorative Borders (Cover and Interior): Robin Raab
- Cartography: David C. Sutherland III
- Page Layout: Andria Hayday, Stephanie Tabat
- Cover Layout: Dee Barnett, Sarah Feggestad
- Production: John Knecht
- Playtesting and Review: Tim Beach, Bill Church, Cathy Collins, David Collins, Damage, Inc. (Anna Behling, Darryl Behling, Don Hageenson, Paul Kalman, Jon Kugath, Guadalupe Nerios, Ann Smolinski, Joel Westphal), Fellowship of the Tower (Geoff Hinkle, Jeff Neville, Robert Schneider, Dave Shidler, Mitzi Young), Ed Greenwood, Allen Grimes, Joe Karpierz, Sharon Karpierz, Clark Loche, Jim Lowe, Troy Malden, Greg Minter, Chris Moore, Jon Pickens, Robert Quillen II, Wayne Rasmussen, Craig Rickman, John Rufner, Peter Rufner, Sandy Sanford, Roger Shultz, James Ward, Bill Weaver, Steve Winter
- ↑ Canon material does not provide dating for the Al-Qadim campaign setting. For the purposes of this wiki only, the current date for Al-Qadim products is assumed to be 1367 DR.