Avorals were eagle-like guardinals that lived in Elysium and the House of Nature. Of all the guardinals, they were the most likely to leave their homeplane, as they possessed a strong wanderlust.
Avorals looked mostly humanoid, but possessed wings instead of arms, feathered bird-like legs, and feathers on their heads in place of hair. The wings did have a small hand at the midpoint, so that it could function as an arm when folded. Their keen eyes were bright golden. Avorals stood about 6 and a half feet to 7 ft (2.1 m) tall and had a 20 ft (6.1 m) wingspan, but due to their hollow bones only weighed about 120 lb (54,000 g). They could carry up to 300 lb (140,000 g) while flying.
- Tedd Crapper (September 2001). “When Celestials Attack”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #287 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 40–41.
- Chris Thomasson (September 2001). “Vs. Celestials”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #287 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 43.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet and Monte Cook (October 2000). Monster Manual 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 29, 32. ISBN 0-7869-1552-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Richard Baker (October 1995). Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix II. Edited by Karen S. Boomgarden. (TSR, Inc.), p. 44. ISBN 0-7869-0173-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 141–142. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 158. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10, 13. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.