A badger was a squat, furry mustelid with a distinctive white stripe from the tip of its long nose to the back of its head and white cheeks. Expert diggers, badgers were also notorious for their fury when threatened; despite their small size, when angered their strong bite and sharp claws could be highly dangerous.
Badgers were admired by the gnome race and could often be seen serving as "watchdogs" for rock gnome homes. They were also favored by rangers and druids as animal companions. The gods Garl Glittergold, Geb, Rillifane Rallathil, Sheela Peryroyl, Silvanus, and Tempus often chose badgers to act as symbols of their favor to their followers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 318. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 268. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 8. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt (March 2009). Player's Handbook 2. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-5016-4.
- ↑ Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 35, 48. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. pp. 8, 10–15. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|