After the Council of Guildmasters seized power in Waterdeep in 1256 DR, most of the Lords of Waterdeep were eliminated because their identities, which were supposed to have remained secret, had been compromised. Only Baeron and Shilarn are known to have survived this purge. In 1273 DR, they both entered the court of the Lords Magister Ehlemm Zoar and Lhorar Gildeggh, who were in power in the city at the time, and demanded that they leave the city. When they refused, Shilarn struck them down and killed them using her magic. Baeron revealed his identity, restoring the original form of government and becoming the Open Lord.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 31. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 33. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ BioWare (September 2000). Designed by James Ohlen, Kevin Martens. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 28. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.