Barracudas were a type of carnivorous fish that inhabited warm salt water.
Barracudas typically did not attack humanoid creatures. However, they occasionally would attack humanoids carrying shiny objects, out of a mistaken belief that said object was a small fish they could prey upon. They could be very aggressive and vicious.
Barracudas were lightning-quick predators, attacking any prey that was injured or appeared helpless. Occasionally they would use their speed to launch themselves out of the water and bite at creatures on a boat.
- Those who specialized in sea-based magic could summon a barracuda with the spells monster summoning I, monster summoning II, and monster summoning III.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Richard Baker, Joseph D. Carriker, Jr., Jennifer Clarke Wilkes (August 2005). Stormwrack. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 166. ISBN 07-8692-873-5.
- David "Zeb" Cook, et al. (1989). Monstrous Compendium Volume Two. (TSR, Inc), p. 22. ISBN 0-8803-8753-X.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 8. ISBN 0-935696-00-8.
- David Howery (December 1993). “Familiar Faces”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #200 (TSR, Inc.), p. 33.
- Richard Baker, Joseph D. Carriker, Jr., Jennifer Clarke Wilkes (August 2005). Stormwrack. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 85. ISBN 07-8692-873-5.
- Encounters Tables included in Wolfgang Baur, Steve Kurtz (1992). Monstrous Compendium Al-Qadim Appendix. (TSR, Inc). ISBN l-56076-370-1.
- Colin McComb, Scott Bennie (April 1992). Islands of Terror. Edited by Anne Gray McCready. (TSR, Inc.), p. 49. ISBN 1-56076-349-3.
- Deborah Christian (August 1995). “Arcane Lore: Sea Magic”. In Wolfgang Baur ed. Dragon #220 (TSR, Inc.), p. 72.