Beckon was a divine magic spell of the southern magic tradition[note 1] that affected one semi-intelligent or less intelligent creature. It was usually used on a domesticated creature of the caster, or a creature who was susceptible to the animal friendship spell.
- ↑ Spells of the southern magic tradition were created in the Old Empires region and written down with the help of Thoth mage-script, a secret magic language, and thus only usable by the initiated.
- ↑ Mark Middleton et al. (1999). Priest's Spell Compendium Volume One. (TSR, Inc), p. 59. ISBN 9780786913596.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 123. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 J. Mark Bicking (March/April 1993). “Khamsa's Folly”. In Barbara G. Young ed. Dungeon #40 (TSR, Inc.), p. 36.
- ↑ Scott Bennie (1990). Old Empires. (TSR, Inc), p. 71. ISBN 0-8803-8821-8.