The beetle was an insect found in many places and variations in the Forgotten Realms, often in giant sizes.
- Giant bombardier beetles were able to emit an acid cloud that burned enemies.
- Giant boring beetles were large and favored eating wood.
- Giant fire beetles were about 2‑foot-long (61‑centimeter) nocturnal insects. They had two glands, one above each eye, that produced a red glow.
- Giant scarab beetles, which could be up to 12 feet (3.7 meters) long, were found in many locations in the Underdark.
- The shrub beetle was known in Cormanthor for jumping into River Ashaba to cool off, but sinking and drowning.
- Stink beetles could produce miasmal stench in self-defense.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 30. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 18. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 18. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 285. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur (March 1996). “The Dragon's Bestiary: Monsters of the Underdark”. In Pierce Watters ed. Dragon #227 (TSR, Inc.), p. 23.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “Cormanthor”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 22. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- ↑ BioWare (June 2002). Designed by Brent Knowles, James Ohlen. Neverwinter Nights. Atari.
- ↑ James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “Cormanthor”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur and Lester Smith (1994-07-01). “The Travelogue”. In Michele Carter ed. Planes of Chaos (TSR, Inc), p. 42. ISBN 1560768746.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.