In 1373 DR, many refugees from the Untheric - Mulhorandi conflict ran through the plain. The ones that got out alive saw several ruined structures jutting up from the blackened earth. Survivors stated these ruins existed below the surface of the ground, but no one explored or proved that these subterranean levels even existed. When the Spellplague struck in 1385 DR, this wasteland, south of Tymanther, was devastated when part of Tymanchebar fell into Faerûn.
Only sparse grass and twisted shrubs grow on the plain and strange rock formations shift and move around the landscape on their own. Many mysteries surrounded this dark land, which was blackened and infertile, so much even the Mulhorandi army avoided it.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 186. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 186–187. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- Richard Lee Byers (May 2010). The Captive Flame. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 175. ISBN 0786953969.
- Scott Bennie (February 1990). Old Empires. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.), p. 41. ISBN 978-0880388214.