|“||The Purple Dragon is caged. But Ra-Khati isn't out of danger. The evil Raja Ambuchar Devayam is holding the Dalai Lama to his promise. If the player characters don't deliver Princess Bhrokiti and the Black Courser to him-and even if they do-the Raja's foul army will once again march on the Hidden Kingdom. What is it that Ambuchar Devayam||”|
|— Devayam really wants with Ra-Khati?
Only your player-characters can discover the awful truth. When they do, their journey will take them to the far reaches of Shou Lung. Providing they escape the diabolic assasin sent to stop them, they will find the lost city of Kuo Meilan. There they must penetrate the lost city's wicked heart and find the stone Scpeter of Shih. Only armed with this artifact, and the secret connecting it to Ambuchar Devayam, can they hope to save Ra-Khati-or themselves!
The Black Courser is the second in the Empires Adventures Trilogy, taking place in the new Forgotten Realms campaign world territories described in the The Horde campaign set. The Empires Adventures Trilogy is also set amidst the turbulent events portrayed in the Empires Novel Trilogy. This adventure is designed for four to eight characters of levels 6-9, and can be played as a seperate, stand-alone module or as a follow up to FRA1, Storm Riders.Look for other Empires adventures: Storm Riders and Blood Charge.
- Part I: Solon
- Part II: Through the Mountain Kingdom
- Part III: Khazari
- Part IV: Kuo Meilan
- Part V: Beneath Kuo Meilan
Also includes NPC statistics, new monsters and a new magical item.
- ant lion • bakemono • behir • bulette • chimera • choke creeper • cockatrice • common oni • coomb giant • dowagu • dun pudding • galeb duhr • gas spore • ghost • ghoul • giant ant • giant bat • giant centipede • giant lizard • giant octopus • giant scorpion • giant vulture • goblin rat • goblin spider • gorgon • hell hound • jiki-niku-gaki • kuei • leucrotta • manticore • megalo centipede • me-zu oni • mimic • obliviax • osquip • otyugh • phycomoid • roper • rust monster • shambling mound • shinen-gaki • spectre • Tigbanua buso • water weird • wraith • xorn • yellow musk creeper • zorbo
- Design: Troy Denning
- Graphic Design: Roy E. Parker, Dee Barnett, Paul Hanchette
- Cover Art: Brom
- Cartography: Diesel
- Interior Art: Paul Abrams
- Typography: Angelika Lokotz