Blackalblade was one of the weathiest cities in the Border Kingdoms and was famed for its gem-cutting and jewellery-making industry. Its location near the Raundawn Hill gave it access to a plentiful supply of raw gems. The council would hire famous gem-cutters from abroad to work their trade for the benefit of the city. The city was home to the Sparkling Hall, the first human school of gem-cutting and jewellery-making. Gems and jewelry from Blackalblade were seen adorning many nobles across Faerû.
- Droum's Beard was located on Turnwall Lane, and was a large drauda with a whole central floor for dancing and other exhibits.
- Skaeling's Scorpion was located on Sarkskull Lane, and was a "dark" or "blood" drauda infamous for illicit activity.
- The Burning Mask was located on Dragonfang Street, and was a "dark" or "blood" drauda infamous for illicit activity.
- The Laughing Nazir was located on Glaudra Lane, and was known for gambling.
- The Sunset Cloak was located on Darcandle Street and was the most expensive drauda.
Law and order were maintained by the Kauroanars, a constabulary of roughly 70 men led by Lord Mace Heldraego Rauntlet. Their base of operations was Lawgauntlet Hall on Murloar Street, which also housed the Hall of Law and the constabulary armory and barracks.
- Astlur Adaunt, council member and master weaver originally from the Sword Coast North.
- Lord Mace Heldraego Rauntlet, originally from Calimshan and in charge of the Kauroanars.
- Ildyn Onsypir, a gem-cutter from Athkatla.
- Nardarra Leonpur, council member and seller of scents and potions originally from Calimshan.
- Urthe Crownshimmer, a gem-cutter from Baldur's Gate.
- Ylothin Tlarst, council member and moneylender from Rashemen.
- Ed Greenwood (January 1996). “Elminster's Everwinking Eye: The Sage of Shadowdale returns!”. In Duane Maxwell ed. Polyhedron #115 (TSR, Inc.), p. 18–20.
Adaerglast • Bedorn • Barony of Blacksaddle • Burntbridges • High Emmerock • Barony of Great Oak • Hawkgarth • Land of Two Princes • Nether Mukshar • Middle Mukshar • High Mukshar • Ondeeme • Owlhold • Realm of the Mount • Realm of the Ready Sword • Shandolphyn's Reach • Grand Duchy of Shantal • Realm of the Smoking Star • Suldamma • Swordpoint Streams • Talduth Vale • Thuntar