Blade of disaster, also known as black blade of disaster, was a powerful conjuration spell that weaponized a rift in the very structure of the planes that could be used to cut through anything in its path. It could be learned by sorcerers, warlocks, and wizards
Effects[edit | edit source]
The spell summoned a 3‑foot-long (0.91‑meter) crack between the planes that was roughly shaped like a dark blade. The "blade" appeared at a point of the caster's choosing within a range of 60 feet (18 meters) and lasted up to a minute, as long as the caster maintained concentration. It could be commanded by the caster to move around and perform muliple devastating attacks against opponents in quick succession. The blade dealt great damage against all creatures that touched it and could even disintegrate them if a vital spot was hit. It also damaged nonliving structures and could penetrate magical barriers such as a prismatic wall or sphere, a wall of force, or even an antimagic shell.
Components[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden
References[edit | edit source]
- Jeremy Crawford (November 17, 2020). Tasha's Cauldron of Everything. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 105–106. ISBN 978-0786967025.
- Christopher Perkins (September 2020). Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 318. ISBN 978-0786966981.
- Matthew Sernett, Jeff Grubb, Mike McArtor (Dec 2005). Spell Compendium. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29. ISBN 0-7869-3702-5.
- Ed Greenwood (July 1991). The Drow of the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 58. ISBN 1-56076-132-6.
- Barry A. A. Dillinger (May 1996). “The Dimensional Wizard”. In Pierce Watters ed. Dragon #229 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 50–52.
- Mark Middleton et al (November 1996). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume One. (TSR, Inc), p. 88. ISBN 978-0786904365.