A blink dog was a mysterious, intelligent canine creature. Most blink dogs had yellow-brown fur and large ears. They were well known for their ability to blink—a supernatural teleportation ability.
Blink dogs had an average intelligence. They had powerful senses, including the ability to see in low light and see in the dark, as well as possessing acute scent detection and tracking.
Blink dogs spoke their own language.
- James Wyatt (March 2000). “Animal Henchmen”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #269 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 318. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 28. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 57. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 0-935696-00-8.
- Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Web Enhancement for Faiths and Pantheons. Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10, 13, 15. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- Vince Garcia (July 1989). “Variety, the Spice of Magic”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #147 (TSR, Inc.), p. 25.