Blood fiends were abominations who fed on the blood of living creatures. Initially created in the Elemental Chaos by the ancient primordial, Haemnathuun, they were just as prevalent in other planes, wherever there were creatures to provide food for them.
Blood fiends were medium/huge creatures with a purple-black or reddish scaly hide, a lupine muzzle with great fangs, red eyes, and four clawed hands. Each of these hands had five razor-sharp claws extending from them, as did the feet. Blood fiends were also said by surviving scholars who witnessed them or had it reported to them, that these demons were so voracious for blood that they would give even the most ancient of vampires pause and even disgust.
Blood fiends preyed on other fiends, as vampires preyed on humans. They also had the same ability to transform other creatures into their kind. In order to assist them in their hunts, blood fiends could use a terror gaze that immobilized their unfortunate victim, making the feast all the easier for the blood fiend. Blood fiends themselves were immune to fear.
Most wounds inflicted on them would heal in a matter of moments.
Notable blood fiends
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Eric Cagle, Jesse Decker, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, Matthew Sernett, Chris Thomasson, and James Wyatt (April 2003). Fiend Folio. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 47–48. ISBN 0-7869-2780-1.
- Richard Baker, John Rogers, Robert J. Schwalb, James Wyatt (December 2008). Manual of the Planes 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 111. ISBN 978-0-7869-5002-7.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Eytan Bernstein, Brian R. James (January 2009). Open Grave: Secrets of the Undead. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 120. ISBN 0786950692.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ari Marmell and Robert J. Schwalb (November 2008). Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 150. ISBN 978-0786949809.
- Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 11–12. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- Richard Lee Byers (April 2007). Unclean. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29. ISBN 978-0-7869-4258-9.
- Richard Lee Byers (April 2007). Unclean. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 67. ISBN 978-0-7869-4258-9.
- Richard Lee Byers (April 2007). Unclean. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 126. ISBN 978-0-7869-4258-9.