Personality[edit | edit source]
Blue abishai were the most well-learned of their kind, possessing vast, scholarly knowledge and devilish guile. They sought out lost lore, searched for ancient relics, and researched occult tomes and spellbooks from across the planes. Their spellcasting was primarily used in aid of their queen Tiamat.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
These abishai were prolific spellcasters, knowing several wizard spells that controlled the environment, manipulated minds, or purely destructive spells related to frost and electricity such as cone of cold or chain lightning. While they could attempt to call in a small group of lemures they could also try to summon other abishai, primarily of the blue or green caste. When forced into close combat, a blue abishai could strike out with their quarterstaff or bite and claw at their enemies. As well as staves, such abishai were also known to wield tridents.
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Video Games
- Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms
Further Reading[edit | edit source]
- Gary Gygax (July 1983). “From the Sorcerer's Scroll: New denizens of devildom”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #75 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 8–14.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (May 29, 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 161, 255–256. ISBN 978-0786966240.
- James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo (February 2001). Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 13–14. ISBN 0-7869-1832-2.
- Robin D. Laws, Robert J. Schwalb (December 2006). Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 109. ISBN 0-7869-3940-0.
- Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 45. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 90–92. ISBN 978-0786965614.
Connections[edit | edit source]
Least: Advespa • Lemure • Merregon • Nupperibo
Lesser: Abishai (Black • Blue • Green • Red • White) • Barbazu • Hamatula • Kocrachon • Narzugon • Osyluth • Spinagon
Greater: Amnizu • Cornugon • Erinyes • Gelugon • Paeliryon • Pit fiend • War devil
Alu-fiend • Archdevil • Cambion • Fimbrul devil • Hellcat • Imp • Kyton • Orthon • Seared devil • Succubus • Tar devil
Chromatic dragons: Red • Black • Blue • Green • White • Brown • Gray • Purple • Yellow
Gem dragons: Amber • Amethyst • Emerald • Sapphire • Topaz • Crystal • Obsidian
Lung dragons: Chiang lung • Li lung • Lung wang • Pan lung • Shen lung • T'ien lung • Tun mi lung • Yu lung
Planar dragons: Astral • Battle • Chaos • Ethereal • Faerie • Howling • Mirage • Oceanus • Pyroclastic • Radiant • Rust • Shadow • Styx • Tarterian
Miscellaneous dragons: Air • Ascendant • Brainstealer • Dzalmus • Force • Mist • Prismatic • Radiant • Rattelyr • Song • Vishap