Book of Lairs is a sourcebook for the Forgotten Realms setting using the 2nd-edition Dungeons & Dragons ruleset. Continuing the "Book of Lairs" format from sourcebooks for from core D&D and other settings, it presents 35 small adventure scenarios each focusing on a monster from the Forgotten Realms setting.
|“||"So, thee say there be beasts out there thee've ne'er heard of nor encountered? 'Tis easily enough repaired—provided thee've the stomach for it!"||”|
|— Elminster, the Sage of Shadowdale|
|“||TSR's most popular world just became even better! Here are over 30 exciting adventures that can be played in the FORGOTTEN REALMS® setting in a single session.
Danger, puzzle-solving, humor and excitement: All lie in wait for intrepid adventurers of every level. All scenarios are ready to play with little or no preparation by the DM!
Enjoy making the acquaintance of beasties from all parts of the Realms from alguduirs to dimensional warpers, inquisitors to revenants, ring-worms to wemics. The good, the bad, and the ugly (and the not-so-ugly)—they're all here, ready to encounter your party!
Oh, and one more thing: DMs and players should be aware of this famous corollary to Elminster's Rules of the Rabbit:
- Abun Fig • Gurund • Mariag the Morose • Zaxum
- Alguduir • Asperii • Beguiler • Belabra • Bhaergala • Bichir • Cantobele • Cildabrin • Crawling claw • Crimson death • Dimensional warper • Dracolich • Fachan • Firenewt • Frost • Griffon • Harrla • Haun • Hobgoblin • Iron golem • Kobold • Lightning golem • Loxo • Monkey spider • Morin • Orpsu • Phantom • Revenant • Rhaumbusun • Ring-worm • Sand cat • Saurial • Sha'az • Silver dog • Thylacine • Tren • Wemic • Zombie
- Harpers • Sisters of the Green • Zhentarim
- Cities: Calaunt • Ormath • Riatavin • Yhaunn
- Inns & Taverns: Whispering Goat
- Mountains: Desertsmouth Mountains
- Regions Lost Vale • Shining Plains
- Referenced only
- Kara-Tur • Sembia
- Referenced only
- Moander • Tyr
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|