Boots of speed were a variety of magical boots that allowed the wearer to move across the ground much quicker than usual. They were highly valued by those who regularly traveled long distances across the Realms.
When the wearer clicked the heels of these boots together, their walking speed was doubled and they could more readily avoid the reactionary attacks of their foes. These powers could be used for a length of time totaling 10 minutes before they were required to rest for a matter of hours and recharge the magic within the boots.
- Paws of the Cheetah: These boots were believed to have belonged to one of the most famous, unnamed assassins of the Realms.
- Video games
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 155. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 BioWare (September 2000). Designed by James Ohlen, Kevin Martens. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ Black Isle Studios (August 2002). Designed by J.E. Sawyer. Icewind Dale II. Interplay.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 BioWare (June 2002). Designed by Brent Knowles, James Ohlen. Neverwinter Nights. Atari.
- ↑ Obsidian Entertainment (October 2006). Designed by Ferret Baudoin, J.E. Sawyer. Neverwinter Nights 2. Atari.