In −359 DR, Borem became active after long years of appearing as a simple muddy river. After a hot summer, the river broke its banks and became a lake in the space of a tenday of rainfall. In their quest for godhood, the adventurers Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul attacked Borem in his home plane after making the connection between him and the river. Killing him, they stole his heart, which they bore to Mezeketh Isle and buried.
- Brian R. James, Ed Greenwood (September 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. Edited by Kim Mohan, Penny Williams. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 46. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb (February, 2012). Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 32–33. ISBN 78-0-7869-5981-5.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 169. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb (February, 2012). Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 33. ISBN 78-0-7869-5981-5.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 79. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
Akadi • Bazim-Gorag • Grumbar • Istishia • Kossuth
Achazar • Arambar • Asgorath • Atropus • Borem • Bwimb • Cirotralech • Dendar • Draunn • Dur-baagal • Entropy • Erek-Hus • Karshimis • Kezef • Maegera • Maram • Nehushta • Petron • Queen of Chaos • Rorn • Telos • Ubtao