Breath of the Yellow Rose, designed by Greg Marks, is an adventure module set in the Forgotten Realms using the Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition ruleset. It is part of the Elemental Evil series of adventures published for the D&D Adventurers League. It focuses on Mulmaster, its noble families and the Chapter House of the Yellow Breath. It is an adventure designed for three to seven 1st- to 4th-level characters.
|“||The monks of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose have long cloistered themselves in their home atop the Earthspur Mountains, practicing their strange lifestyle which is rumored to give them longevity. Now, their dietary restrictions and practices of breath control have become the fashion amongst the well-to-do of Mulmaster. But when a few of these lay practitioners start dropping dead from suffocation and starvation, others start to question the validity of the monks’ claims. Is this simply a deadly ignorance, or is there a fell wind blowing through the rich and powerful of Mulmaster?||”|
The adventure starts off as adventurers are invited to a party by Aleyd Burral in Mulmaster to help the knight gain support for Phlan. During the party it becomes apparent that a new philosophy from the Monastery of the Yellow Rose, known as the Yellow Breath, has become popular among many young nobles. It is also noted that a few recent devotees of the Yellow Breath movement have gone missing.
As the adventurers investigate this new movement and the young noble converts it seems the Yellow Breath philosophy is not what it seems, with many dubious rites being practiced. Eventually the Chapter House of the Yellow Rose is explored where the cult's leader Thylius Caramitru is faced.
- Aleyd Burral • Archill • Aya Glenmiir • Ayre Affapanov • Davnya • Eldred Korsinchev • Eugone • Evy • The Good King Snugglewumps • Garwyl Gos • Heila • Hurn • Jott • Korona Caramitru • Liticia Gos • Lucianne • Orym Illustriana • Ovon • Pankin Yegorovna • Pollo • Rahaiel Kakulska • Riasa Yegorovna • Rolo • Stefan Rowick • Thibauld • Thylius Caramitru • Usilie Rostik • Verst • Voltz
- Referenced only
- Andrik Gos • Astrid Saj • Blazen Stoe • Dornal Whitebeard • Evna Smeethe • Julios Caramitru • Ninyon Gos • Rassendyll Uoumdolphin • Rosealine Culkin • Saint Sollars • Selfaril Uoumdolphin • Serge Affapanov • Zern Xerkstil
- Air elemental • Axe beak • Dust mephit • Dwarf • Elf • Griffon • Raven • Human • Tressym
- Referenced only
- Akanûl • Cormyr • Damara • Elmwood • Eveningstar • Gate of Good Fortune • High House of Hurting • House Built on Gold • Monastery of the Yellow Rose • Phlan
- Magic items
- ring of mind shielding
- D&D Organized Play: Chris Tulach
- D&D R&R Player Experience: Greg Bilsland
- D&D Adventurers League Wizards Team: Greg Bilsland, Chris Lindsay, Shelly Mazzanoble, Chris Tulach
- D&D Adventurers League Administrator(s): Claire Hoffman, Robert Adducci, Bill Benham, Travis Woodall, Greg Marks, Alan Patrick