Organization[edit | edit source]
Attitudes[edit | edit source]
Activities[edit | edit source]
Members of the order were responsible for the defense of Ilmater's temples and shrines, as well as his followers. They also sought to track down and punish those who inflicted cruelty, especially followers of Loviatar. They performed good deeds and righted bad ones.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
A Broken One monk pursued the paths of a healer and a hunter in service to the faith. As a healer, they learned the skills of treating injuries and dispensing medicine, and could even develop the ability to lay on hands and heal injuries with a touch. As a hunter, they also learned the skills of wilderness survival and tracking. They were dogged in the pursuit of tormentors, and could develop supernatural skill in following the tracks of Loviatans. Such hunters had only to touch the body of one recently harmed by a Loviatan to see the true face of their attacker. Some could even learn a locate creature spell specific to locating worshipers of Loviatar.
Some Broken Ones learned tactics in combat by which they could swiftly intervene and save an ally from an attack, at the cost of suffering the blow in their place. This effort could leave them wearied, if not slain by the blow.
Relations[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Sean K. Reynolds (2002-05-04). Deity Do's and Don'ts (Zipped PDF). Wizards of the Coast. p. 7. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2018-09-08.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 25, 243. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 31. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 36. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.
- Eytan Bernstein (2007-09-11). Crusaders, Swordsages, Warblades. Class Chronicles. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2016-05-21.
- Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 28. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.
- Jason Carl, Sean K. Reynolds (October 2001). Lords of Darkness. Edited by Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 167. ISBN 07-8691-989-2.