This society held the largest collection of wizards with the same goals and specializations within all of the Land of Fate. They had members hidden within every major city of Zakhara. Their strongest fortresses were rumored to be located somewhere deep within the Weeping Desert and the Great Anvil.
The only wizards allowed into the ranks of the Brotherhood of the True Flame were fire elemental mages. Members from the brotherhood attempted to slay flame sorcerers because they were not pure. The actual initiation process remained unknown, but was rumored to be gruesome as every last vestige of goodness in the initiate was "burned out" of their mind.
This was a large organization, a fact that benefited and hindered them. Small factions broke off on a semi-regular basis and charismatic leaders arose.
Members of the Brotherhood of the True Flame aspired to assert the dominance of flame magic over all other forms of magic in Zakhara. All other forms of magic were viewed as unpure and were to be eliminated. Anything or anyone that hindered this belief was destroyed.
- ↑ The name "Brotherhood of True Flame" was used in Dragon Magazine #268.
- ↑ Canon material does not provide dating for the Al-Qadim campaign setting. For the purposes of this wiki only, the current date for Al-Qadim products is assumed to be 1367 DR.
- Paul Fraser (February 2000). “Secrets of the Brotherhood of True Flame”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #268 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 50–54.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), pp. 74–75. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (August 1992). Land of Fate (Fortunes and Fates). (TSR, Inc), p. 31. ISBN 978-1560763291.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 41–42. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 42. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur (November 1993). Secrets of the Lamp. Genie Lore. (TSR, Inc.), p. 26. ISBN 978-1560766476.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur (1993). Secrets of the Lamp (Map). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 1-56076-647-6.
- ↑ Steve Kurtz (1994). Al-Qadim: Ruined Kingdoms: Campaign Guide. (TSR, Inc), p. 29. ISBN 1-56076-815-0.