Though Calishites had migrated outside the realm of Calimshan. Calishites made up the bulk of the population in the following areas:
Calishites usually had dusky brown skin, brown hair and brown eyes. They were also on average a little shorter and of slighter build than most humans of other ethnicities.
Calishites were descendants of the slaves of the genies who ruled great empires south of the Marching Mountains. These ancestors were not native to the continent of Faerûn. After the djinni Calim's power dwindled, the Calishites were able to free themselves of the genies' yoke and founded the nation of Coramshan in −6060 DR. Since this time the Calishite race has expanded and migrated to the various regions listed above.
The pervading Calishite view was that they were the rightful rulers of all the land south and west of the Sea of Fallen Stars. They had a tendency to look on the northern cultures as being short-lived barbarian cultures barely worthy of notice. This, however, did not prevent them from trading with these nations.
- Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 81. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- Victor Milán (October 1995). War in Tethyr. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 0-7869-0184-5.
- Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 73. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- Steven E. Schend (October 1998). Calimport. (TSR, Inc), p. 13. ISBN 0-7869-1238-3.
- Steven E. Schend (October 1998). Calimport. (TSR, Inc), p. 14. ISBN 0-7869-1238-3.
Maztica: Azuposi • Dog People • Green Folk • Metahel • Nahopaca • Nexalan • Payit (Itza)
Taan: Commani, Dalat, Fankiang, Gur, Guychiang, Igidujin, Kashghun, Khassidi, Naican, Oigur, Pazruki, Quirish, T'aghur, Tsu-tsu, Tuigan, Zamogedi
Kara-Tur & Malatra: Bavanese & Bertanese • Bawani • Han • Issacortae • Koryoan • Kozakuran • Kuong • Nubari (Zantira • Wise Ones) • Pazruki • Purang • Seng • Shou • Tabotan • Tayanulchi • Wanese • Wu-haltai