Candlekeep Mysteries is a 5th–edition Dungeons & Dragons anthology featuring several mystery-themed adventures.
Candlekeep attracts scholars like a flame attracts moths. Historians, sages, and others who crave knowledge flock to this library fortress to peruse its vast collection of books, scribbled into which are the answers to the mysteries that bedevil them. Many of these books contain their own mysteries — each one a doorway to adventure. Dare you cross that threshold?
- 17 mystery-themed D&D adventures, each tied to a book discovered in the famed library fortress of Candlekeep
- Easy to run as stand-alone mini adventures or to drop into your home campaign
- Adventures span play from levels 1 to 16
- Includes a full poster map of Candlekeep, plus detailed descriptions of the various locations, characters, and creatures that reside within it
- Introduces a variety of Dungeons & Dragons monsters, items, and non-player characters (NPCs)
Candlekeep Mysteries is a collection of seventeen short, stand-alone D&D adventures designed for characters of levels 1–16. Each adventure begins with the discovery of a book, and each book is the key to a door behind which danger and glory await. These adventures can be run as one-shot games, plugged into an existing Forgotten Realms campaign, or adapted for other campaign settings. This book also includes a poster map of the library fortress and detailed descriptions of Candlekeep and its inhabitants.
Candlekeep Mysteries includes the following adventures:
- "The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces" by Michael Polkinghorn, wherein the adventurers get stuck in a Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion.
- "Mazfroth's Mighty Digressions" by Alison Huang, wherein the adventurers are attacked by an animated book and must discover why.
- "Book of the Raven" by Christopher Perkins, wherein the adventurers find a mysterious map and encounter a kindness of wereravens.
- "A Deep and Creeping Darkness" by Sarah Madsen, wherein the adventurers investigate a seemingly abandoned mining town.
- "Shemshime's Bedtime Rhyme" by Ari Levitch, wherein the adventurers are quarantined inside the Firefly Cellar of Candlekeep as they deal with a magical curse.
- "The Price of Beauty" by Mark Hulmes, wherein the adventurers find a book containing a portal to a mysterious spa in the High Forest.
- "Book of Cylinders" by Graeme Barber, wherein the adventurers are tasked with defending a grippli village.
- "Sarah of Yellowcrest Manor" by Derek Ruiz, wherein the adventurers aid a ghost by investigating a mass murder in Waterdeep.
- "Lore of Lurue" by Kelly Lynne D'Angelo, wherein the adventurers are transported into a storybook demiplane where they must learn how the city of Silverymoon got its name.
- "Kandlekeep Dekonstruktion" by Amy Vorpahl, wherein the adventurers must stop a cult from firing one of Candlekeep's towers into space.
- "Zikran's Zephyrean Tome" by Taymoor Rehman, wherein the adventurers help a noble djinn escape imprisonment in a book.
- "The Curious Tale of Wisteria Vale" by Kienna Shaw, wherein the adventurers rescue the Harper bard Arrant Quill, who is trapped in a demiplane.
- "The Book of Inner Alchemy" by Daniel Kwan, wherein the adventurers must recover a set of stolen pages from an order of unscrupulous monks.
- "The Canopic Being" by Jennifer Kretchmer, wherein the adventurers travel to Tashluta to discover why their names appear in a tome detailing dark rituals.
- "The Scrivener's Tale" by Brandes Stoddard, in which the adventurers are cursed by a malevolent archfey trapped inside a book.
- "Alkazaar's Appendix" by Adam Lee, in which the adventurers must discover why a lost golem wanders the Anauroch desert.
- "Xanthoria" by Toni Winslow-Brill, wherein the adventurers try to stop a deadly fungal plague ravaging the Sword Coast.
The following index only includes topics from the introductory chapters of the book. The individual adventures are indexed separately on their own subpages:
- Teles Ahvoste • Alkrist • A'lai Aivenmore • Feldmar Bisset III • Bookwyrm • Orrin Glass • Garlyth Graystock • Khe'ril Hammerbind • Irony • Janussi • Fembris Larlancer • Little One • Miirym • Vooshadi Moonriver • Kazryn Nyantani • Nax Olossis • Parmak • Sylvira Savikas • Fheminor Scrivenbark • Benedora Stoneforge • Kalan Strongbranch • Sprig Summerfoot • Kei Tigersteel • V'ziir-Ag • Daral Yashenti
- dragonborn • dwarf (shield dwarf) • githzerai • halfling (lightfoot halfling) • human (Shou) • modron (monodrone) • moon elf • ogre • silver dragon • stone golem • tiefling
- Buildings & Sites
- Court of Air • Erudite Outfitters & Clothiers • Exaltation • Great Library • The Hearth • House of Rest • House of the Binder • Pillars of Pedagogy • Temple of Oghma (Candlekeep)
- Way of the Lion
- Candlekeep (Inner Ward)
- Referenced only
- Faerûn • Far Realm • Firefly Cellar • Mechanus • Sea of Swords • Sword Coast • Toril
- arcane lock • contact other plane • continual flame • driftglobe • headband of intellect • Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion • mythal • silence
- 1492 DR • Common • demiplane • Endless Chant • Keeper of Tomes