Candlekeep Mysteries is a 5th‒edition Dungeons & Dragons anthology featuring several mystery-themed adventures.
Product Overview[edit | edit source]
Candlekeep attracts scholars like a flame attracts moths. Historians, sages, and others who crave knowledge flock to this library fortress to peruse its vast collection of books, scribbled into which are the answers to the mysteries that bedevil them. Many of these books contain their own mysteries — each one a doorway to adventure. Dare you cross that threshold?
- 17 mystery-themed D&D adventures, each tied to a book discovered in the famed library fortress of Candlekeep
- Easy to run as stand-alone mini adventures or to drop into your home campaign
- Adventures span play from levels 1 to 16
- Includes a full poster map of Candlekeep, plus detailed descriptions of the various locations, characters, and creatures that reside within it
- Introduces a variety of Dungeons & Dragons monsters, items, and non-player characters (NPCs)
Candlekeep Mysteries is a collection of seventeen short, stand-alone D&D adventures designed for characters of levels 1–16. Each adventure begins with the discovery of a book, and each book is the key to a door behind which danger and glory await. These adventures can be run as one-shot games, plugged into an existing Forgotten Realms campaign, or adapted for other campaign settings. This book also includes a poster map of the library fortress and detailed descriptions of Candlekeep and its inhabitants.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Candlekeep Mysteries includes the following adventures:
- "Mazfroth's Mighty Digressions" by Alison Huang, an investigative adventure surrounding the missing books of Candlekeep.
- "Book of the Raven" by Christopher Perkins, a journey whereby the adventurers following a curious treasure map.
- "A Deep and Creeping Darkness" by Sarah Madsen, an adventure about a mining disaster from a missing town.
- "Shemshime's Bedtime Rhyme" by Ari Levitch, a mystery adventure that takes place in the Firefly Cellar of Candlekeep.
- "Sarah of Yellowcrest Manor" by Derek Ruiz, a mystery detailing a mass murder in Waterdeep and a haunted book.
- "Lore of Lurue" by Kelly Lynne D'Angelo, an adventure that involves Lurue, Malar, and the High Forest.
- "Kandlekeep Dekonstruktion" by Amy Vorpahl, an adventure detailing a threat to Candlekeep of the Sword Coast.
- "The Curious Tale of Wisteria Vale" by Kienna Shaw, an adventure involving the rescue of Arrant Quill, a Harper bard.
- "The Book of Inner Alchemy" by Daniel Kwan, an adventure that involves the monks of the Immortal Lotus and their great inner-power, qi.
- "The Canopic Being" by Jennifer Kretchmer, an adventure that takes place in Tashluta of Tashalar, and involves solving a mystery of organ transplants.
- "The Scrivener's Tale" by Brandes Stoddard, a mystery in which the adventurers find a magical mark on themselves, which contains an archfey.
- "Alkazaar's Appendix" by Adam Lee, a mystery whereby the adventurers must find out why a stone golem wanders the Anauroch.
Index[edit | edit source]
The following index only includes topics from the main chapters of the book. The individual adventures are indexed separately on their own subpages:
Characters[edit | edit source]
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Magic[edit | edit source]