"Mazfroth's Mighty Digressions" is a short adventure module for 2nd–level players, collected in the anthology Candlekeep Mysteries, where players investigate why several tomes in Candlekeep are actually gingwatzims in disguise.
In 1492 DR, a group of adventurers is attacked by a volume of Mazfroth's Mighty Digressions, a tome on the subject of divinity, the multiverse, and the nature of magic. Further research reveals the tome was actually a disguised gingwatzim, a creature from the Ethereal Plane that feeds on spirit energy and that can assume the form of a small object. After interviewing the scholar who donated the tome to Candlekeep, the adventurers are compelled to investigate a book shop in Baldur's Gate.
- Alaspar • Avani • Inbar • Korvala • Marliza • Mushika • Ramah • Sufeni • Theryn • Valor • Yalerion Highscroll • Zan
- giant rat • gingwatzim • human • jackalwere • mimic • swarm of rats • tiefling • wererat
- Amberdune Books • Autumn's Breads • Baldur's Gate • Blackgate • Candlekeep • Coast Way • Court of Air • Coppers to Crowns • Gems for All • The Hearth • Heath's Hot Drinks • House of the Binder • Outer City of Baldur's Gate • Upper City of Baldur's Gate • The Wide • Wizards of the Wide
- comprehend languages • detect magic • feather fall • find familiar • geas • helm of comprehending languages • mage armor • magic missile • rug of smothering • shield • unseen servant
- Castanamir's Guide to Gingwatzims • The Dark Hunger • Daughters of Graz'zt • Fallen Tethyamar • Mazfroth's Mighty Digressions • Wanderings of a Humble Aasimar