Carrots were a type of hardy, root vegetable found in the Realms.
Places in the Realms where carrots were known to be produced included:
- Cormyr, particularly around the village of Eveningstar and the town of Ghars.
- The Oak-Father's Boon inn in Mosstone of Tethyr served a spicy carrot and ginger soup as one of its specialities.
- The North, where carrots were cultivated in the walled abbey of Goldenfields;
- North Faerûn, where farmers in the Battledale and Mistledale regions cultivated carrots; In the Moonsea region, farmers in Elmwood cultivated carrots.
- South Faerûn, where they were cultivated in the Arnaden region.
- The Western Heartlands, such as in the gnome village of Anga Vled.
- Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. (TSR, Inc), p. 116. ISBN 0-5607-6327-2.
- Eric Cagle, Jesse Decker, Jeff Quick, and James Wyatt (March 2003). Arms and Equipment Guide 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 31. ISBN 978-0-7869-2649-7.
- Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), p. 123. ISBN 978-0786912377.
- Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), A Grand Tour of the Realms. (TSR, Inc), p. 49. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- Chet Williamson (July 1998). Murder in Cormyr. (TSR, Inc.), chap. 24, p. 154. ISBN 0-7869-0486-0.
- Ed Greenwood (2000). Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 104. ISBN 0-7869-1626-5.
- Christopher Perkins (September 6, 2016). Storm King's Thunder. Edited by Kim Mohan, Michele Carter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 48. ISBN 978-0786966004.
- James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “The Settled Lands”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- Ed Greenwood (November 1992). “The Everwinking Eye: Moonsea Shores”. In Jean Rabe ed. Polyhedron #77 (TSR, Inc.), p. 7.
- Ed Greenwood (March 2000). “The New Adventures of Volo: Hin Nobody Knows”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #269 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 86.