Location[edit | edit source]
The castle was located atop a large spire of rock overlooking the village of Barovia.
History[edit | edit source]
In the Year of the Rose, 1098 DR, the sun elf vampire Jander Sunstar first traveled to Castle Ravenloft while trying to solve the mystery of the magical affliction that had tormented Anna, whom he had met in Waterdeep in the Year of the Wandering Elfmaid, 1072 DR. He lived there for more than 25 years, until his final confrontation with Strahd.
In the late 15th century DR, it was the intention of Volothamp Geddarm to visit Castle Ravenloft during his brief stay in Barovia. After being invited into the castle by Strahd himself, Volo, realizing the danger he was in, returned to Toril by way of a charm devised by Elminster.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
References[edit | edit source]
- Christopher Perkins, Tracy Hickman, Laura Hickman (March 2016). Curse of Strahd. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 5–6. ISBN 978-0-7869-6598-4.
- Christie Golden (September 1991). Vampire of the Mists. (TSR, Inc), chaps. 1, 14. ISBN 1-56076-155-5.
- Dale Donovan (July 1998). Villains' Lorebook. (TSR, Inc), pp. 36–37. ISBN 0-7869-1236-7.
- Ed Greenwood (Feb 2016). Travel Talk: Volo's Visit to Barovia. In Matt Chapman ed. Dragon+ #6. Wizards of the Coast. p. 7. Retrieved on 2017-11-15.
- Christopher Perkins, Tracy Hickman, Laura Hickman (March 2016). Curse of Strahd. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), chap. 4. ISBN 978-0-7869-6598-4.