All creatures typically of gargantuan size.
Gargantuan size was defined differently in different editions of Dungeons & Dragons:
- 1st edition: A gargantuan size category did not exist. Creatures of corresponding size were included in the large category.
- 2nd edition: Anything larger than 25 ft (7.6 m). There was no size category above.
- 3rd/3.5 edition: Between 32 ft (9.8 m) and 64 ft (20 m).
- 5th edition: Anything larger than 20 ft (6.1 m). There was no size category above.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 6. ISBN 0-935696-00-8.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 4. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 314. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 6. ISBN 978-0786965614.
All items (151)