These dinosaurs could reach 30 feet (nine meters) in length and walked on two thick, muscular legs. Their body and tail were proportionally large. They had a curved neck with a lizard-like head, which had a distinctive nose horn and brow ridges and knobby bumps above their over-sized eyes. Their arms were tiny with four clawed fingers each.
Ceratosaurs used their speed and powerful jaws to their advantage. If they caught a creature in their mouths, they would shake it violently.
Ceratosaurs, like most dinosaurs, originated in Chult.
No one had ever successfully tamed a ceratosaur.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd, Darrin Drader (July 2004). Serpent Kingdoms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 64. ISBN 0-7869-3277-5.
- ↑ David Cook, Steve Winter, and Jon Pickens (1989). Monstrous Compendium Volume Three Forgotten Realms Appendix (MC3). (TSR, Inc), p. 22. ISBN 0-88038-769-6.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 25. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd, Darrin Drader (July 2004). Serpent Kingdoms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 65. ISBN 0-7869-3277-5.
- ↑ Frank Mentzer (January 1985). “Ay pronunseeAYshun gyd”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #93 (TSR, Inc.), p. 25.